Welcome to the website of the Operating Room Nurses Association of Canada, or as we are best known, ORNAC. Since 1997, we have enjoyed numerous visitors, especially periop folks, surfing around our site. With another new redesign we offer a brand new look with some familiar information and an abundance of new information and features. Our new Forum is now a place for nurses across Canada to come and discuss our practice. Meet our Board and Executive and learn a bit about them. Keep up-to-date with an easy to use calendar of events, and stay informed on ORNAC happenings with our News area. Looking for something in particular? Try our new search feature, located conveniently on the top of every page. If you have questions, please don't hesitate to contact us!
Interesting Tidbits regarding ORNAC:
- We are an entirely volunteer-based organization
- Our National Conference is biennial and hosted by provincial members of ORNAC
- We are a member of Canadian Nurses Association (CNA) Groups & Affiliates
- We are a founding member of the International Federation of Perioperative Nurses, (IFPN) (Please visit their site!)
- We publish a professional journal quarterly - the ORNAC Journal
- We have The ORNAC Standards for Perioperative Registered Nursing Practice for sale at the Canadian Standards Association.
- We offer Grants, Awards & Bursaries. All the information you need to apply or nominate a colleague is found on this site.
|"Power to the Patient! / Pouvoir au patient!" - Posted: Fri, Nov 1st 2013 at 15:27:32|
Power to the patient!
It’s only ... more
|"WHO Patient Safety" - Posted: Tue, Oct 29th 2013 at 11:10:08|
As you may know, WHO African Partnerships for Patient Safety (APPS) is hosting a free webinar series. These monthly webinars over ... more
|"National Institutes of Health Informatics " - Posted: Thu, Oct 24th 2013 at 11:41:41|
Virtual HI Bootcamp - LIVE. ONLINE. October 29, 30, & 31, 2013
Don't miss these three provocative presentations on eHealth Strategies:
|"WHO - The Global Burden of Unsafe Medical Care: An Observational Study" - Posted: Mon, Sep 23rd 2013 at 12:20:29|
Dear Colleagues,A new study published on 18 September 2013 provides early evidence that adverse events due to medical care represent a major source ... more
|"Negative intraoperative behaviors survey" - Posted: Wed, Sep 11th 2013 at 09:18:50|
Please tell us about your experiences in the operating room! Dear Colleagues, Communication between perioperative team members is recognized as an ... more
| >> Click here to view all articles|