Welcome to the website of the Operating Room Nurses Association of Canada, or as we are best known, ORNAC. Since 1997, we have enjoyed numerous visitors, especially periop folks, surfing around our site. With another new redesign we offer a brand new look with some familiar information and an abundance of new information and features. Our new Forum is now a place for nurses across Canada to come and discuss our practice. Meet our Board and Executive and learn a bit about them. Keep up-to-date with an easy to use calendar of events, and stay informed on ORNAC happenings with our News area. Looking for something in particular? Try our new search feature, located conveniently on the top of every page. If you have questions, please don't hesitate to contact us!
Interesting Tidbits regarding ORNAC:
- We are an entirely volunteer-based organization
- Our National Conference is biennial and hosted by provincial members of ORNAC
- We are a member of Canadian Nurses Association (CNA) Groups & Affiliates
- We are a founding member of the International Federation of Perioperative Nurses, (IFPN) (Please visit their site!)
- We publish a professional journal quarterly - the ORNAC Journal
- We have The ORNAC Standards for Perioperative Registered Nursing Practice for sale at the Canadian Standards Association.
- We offer Grants, Awards & Bursaries. All the information you need to apply or nominate a colleague is found on this site.
|"Election Results for the ORNAC President Elect (PE)" - Posted: Sat, Feb 7th 2015 at 17:52:25|
The Operating Room Nurses Association of Canada is pleased to announce that on January 22, 2015, Barbara Mushayandebvu, RN, CPN(C) of Ottawa, ... more
|"National Institutes of Health Informatics" - Posted: Mon, Jan 19th 2015 at 21:39:59|
National Institutes of Health Informatics
Start 2015 off right with... HI Bootcamp 2 - The Challenges in ... more
|"7th Annual SERGS Meeting June 11-13, 2015" - Posted: Mon, Jan 19th 2015 at 21:20:12|
Robot-assisted surgery in benign and malignant gynaecological pathology has exploded in the last decennium and the development is continuing and ... more
|"WHO SAVE LIVES; Clean Your Hands" - Posted: Fri, Jul 4th 2014 at 12:58:25|
WHO SAVE LIVES: Clean Your Hands
SL: CYH Newsletter
3 July 2014
As most of you know, our programme “Clean ... more
|"Canada Patient Safety Institute" - Posted: Tue, Apr 15th 2014 at 20:15:00|
Ghostbusting in Health Care Essay series please click here ... more
| >> Click here to view all articles|